Thursday, July 11, 2013

Disability Reality Television


Hellooooooo There Everyone. 
Seems I was missing for a few months on here: but truth be told, I became addicted to instagram.  (follow me @charlietreehouse) 

This month's comic was inspired by the different realities of people living with and without disabilities,  (ab=able bodied.) in changing rooms.  I don't know about you, but trying on clothes is something I almost dread, depending on how much physical assistance I am having.  Trying on, getting dressed over and over is physically exhausting, so I rarely partake.  Once I get dressed it's pretty much over for me for the whole day, I'm wearing the outfit.  (of course that is not to say that I never change, something may be impossible to live with for any numerous amount of reasons) It seems to me, from observations of AB people my entire life, and in the culture of bodily perfection I've become witness, that many AB people change there outfits multiple times per day.  Sometimes I think of the amount of time and effort it would take me personally to change clothes the same amount of times the average, and then shake my head, "no way".   

No comments:

Post a Comment